Dosage and Method: Turmeric

turmeric powder in coconut oilHow:  Always with fresh ground black pepper (see below why) and some fat or oil as it is lipophilic (oil soluble).  I use coconut oil.

How much:  For adults the official recommendation is up to 1.5 g. daily which will be about one very slightly rounded teaspoon which can be divided over two to three doses daily.  Therapeutic doses are considered to be 2-3 g. See cautions below.  Not recommended for small children under two.  For older children and those over 65, start with a low dose. There are varying opinions as to the dosage and confusion between the active ingredient curcumin and turmeric doses.

According to research, piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper will increase significantly the bio-availability of curcumin by 2000% (or put differently, 20 times more bio-available.).  Turmeric has poor bioavailability due to its rapid metabolism in the liver and intestinal walls.  Piperine works via various mechanisims that enhance absorption of ALL nutrients.

Tea/drinks:  Some people like to take it as a tea, adding a little coconut oil and black pepper.   Others like to take it in warm milk with honey (Golden Milk recipe here) or hot cocoa.

Capsules:  Curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) is available in capsule form.  Personally, I am not a fan of taking herbs (or spices) in such a concentrated active-ingredient-only-form.  This is not what nature intended nor herbal medicine traditions which understood the importance of the synergy of the whole plant matter, be it seeds, leaf, bark or root.  However, please consider organic turmeric which it may be quite helpful for therapeutic short term uses as a massive dosing therapy.  ‘Short term’ is the key word.  See cautions below.  Note:  There is much confusion about turmeric capsules on many websites and even companies selling them.  Read the label.  Is it whole turmeric powder or in large letters TURMERIC but somewhere in smaller print ‘curcumin’?

Food:  A great way to take it, a curry is perhaps the best food method – but do you eat curry daily and with medicinal amounts of turmeric? I doubt it.  However, I have added turmeric throughout the day in my yogurt, muesli, some soups, salad dressings and other dishes.  It gets a bit ‘old’ after a while and invariably I return to my favourite way which is in yogurt where the flavour nearly disappears.  There is no problem for pregnant or breastfeeding women to take turmeric in normal amounts for cooking.  Asian and Indian women have been doing it since millennia.

Fat/oil:  This is my modus operandi and part of my morning routine.  One teaspoon of coconut oil (turns solid in winter so I warm it a little) to  1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.  I add a good few turns of black pepper (for the piperine). This is most likely about 1/8 teaspoon. I repeat this in the afternoon.  These two doses will equal the recommended dose of  1g daily.  Of course you can use any non-inflammatory oil, however coconut oil is my personal favourite.
Lately, I have been using one dollop of full fat real yogurt (about one tablespoon) without the coconut oil to which I stir in the rest.

Many people follow the attitude that ‘more is better’.  This is a huge mistake as turmeric is BEST absorbed in smaller doses throughout the day.  Huge doses at once will simply be wasted.  Bio-availability of the curcumin is a real problem that must be taken seriously.  Take it as suggested WITH the black pepper as explained above and the dose you take will be far better absorbed.

Please reread all the above information before you comment.  I will not answer comments that obviously show not having read this article fully (such as: how much should I take or I just take it with water, is this ok?).  I will gladly answer any other questions to clarify the article or those you may have for your unique health situation, if I can.

Caution regarding therapeutic doses (of turmeric powder and in particular curcumin supplementation):

• Turmeric is used to lower blood sugar and may be problematic for diabetics taking diabetic medicines and hypoglycemics.
    • Turmeric also lowers blood pressure in high doses.  Do not take with herbs that have similar effect nor with chemical drugs such as antihypertensives that artificially lower the blood pressure.  It’s either one or the other.
    • It lowers the LDL (‘bad cholesterol) and raises the HDL (‘good cholesterol) and will boost the effect of chemical cholesterol lowering drugs.  Taken together, not a good idea.  Consider your choices. See statement in bold below.
    • Theraputic doses of turmeric can act as a blood thinner and is not to be taken in conjunction with such chemical blood thinners such as warfarin, coumadin, clopidogrel, or even aspirin, do not ingest turmeric in any form in more than low doses.  In normal usage and doses, it is on a par with aspirin or Ibuprofen and is not a problem.
    • Therapeutic doses of turmeric taken with moderate to high doses of Ginko biloboa or garlic, all of which have blood thinning properties, should not be taken at the same time.
    • If you do take theraputic doses of turmeric, stop 48 prior to surgery (some sites advise 2 weeks…this is not necessary).
    • May cause nausea if taken on an empty stomach.
    • If you are having problems with bile duct obstruction,  gall bladder or gall stones,   avoid therapeutic doses of turmeric as it increases the bile production.
    • If you are susceptible to kidney stones, curcumin can increase calcium oxalate excretion.
    • High, therapeutic doses may stimulate uterine contractions and menstrual flow.  In other words, if you are pregnant do not take therapeutic doses, however normal use is fine.
    • Therapeutic doses may lower blood sugar.  This is not a problem for diabetics who regularly check their sugar levels and can adjust their insulin or food intake accordingly.

It is worth considering that many people have successfully either weaned themselves off chemical drugs or at least lowered the doses over time. This also means, avoided the inevitable side effects of long term pharmaceuticals.  Consult with a health practitioner who is knowledgeable in natural methods, especially turmeric.

Warning!  Super food turmeric may seriously improve your health.  Read more about turmeric benefits – Spice:  Turmeric – Beyond Curry

Be sure to purchase your herb and spices from non-irradiated, organic and reliable sources for the full health benefit.  Grocery store herbs are good enough for seasoning but most likely have been radiated.  One company I have come to trust is “Simply Organic”.

———-

Therapeutic doses of most any herbal preparation is seldom intended for long term use and were never intended to be used in that way.  Obviously, long term chemical ‘solutions’ have also negative effects.  Many herbalists and Naturopathic practitioners recommend taking breaks of a few weeks from any long term herb use.  However, some people eventually ease themselves off of pharmaceuticals and are happy with the results using natural methods and just as importantly, a healthier lifestyle.  Your health practioner (read my interpretation of that and my disclaimer here) should be consulted.

——————

Small selection of references:

•  Shapiro K, Gong WC. Natural products used for diabetes. Journal of the American Pharmaceutical Association. 2002;42(2):217–226. [PubMed]
  •  Gobert CP, Duncan AM. Consumption, perceptions and knowledge of soy among adults with type 2 diabetes. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2009;28(2):203–218. [PubMed]
  •  Jiang CS, Liang LF, Guo YW. Natural products possessing protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) inhibitory activity found in the last decades. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica. 2012;33(10):1217–1245. [PubMed]
  • Nolan CJ, Damm P, Prentki M. Type 2 diabetes across generations: from pathophysiology to prevention and management. The Lancet. 2011;378(9786):169–181. [PubMed]
  • Aggarwal BB, Sundaram C, Malani N, Ichikawa H. Curcumin: the Indian solid gold. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 2007;595:1–75. [PubMed]
  • Kolev TM, Velcheva EA, Stamboliyska BA, Spiteller M. DFT and experimental studies of the structure and vibrational spectra of curcumin. International Journal of Quantum Chemistry. 2005;102(6):1069–1079.
  • Perez-Torres I, Ruiz-Ramirez A, Banos G, El-Hafidi M. Hibiscus sabdariffa Linnaeus (Malvaceae), curcumin and resveratrol as alternative medicinal agents against metabolic syndrome. Cardiovascular & Hematological Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. 2013;11(1):25–37. [PubMed]
  • Goel A, Kunnumakkara AB, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin as “Curecumin”: from kitchen to clinic. Biochemical Pharmacology. 2008;75(4):787–809. [PubMed]
458 comments… add one
  • Zoe 30/04/2016, 03:45

For medical reasons, I cannot use hot pepper of any kind, not even in very small amounts. Are there other ways, than using pepper, to increase the bioavailability of circumin, such as heating it as tea?

• admin 30/04/2016, 10:49

Hello Zoe,
      Sorry about your medical problem that pepper is not helpful with. Simmering turmeric as in the Golden Milk recipe does help with the solubility making it easier to digest and this may be a factor affecting the absorbability (no real scientific data yet on this) but helps somewhat according to user comments.

Simmering the turmeric in water or milk allows the starches in turmeric to absorb water, which greatly improves its digestibility which in turn, makes the curcumin more bioavailable to be absorbed. Be sure to take it with a fat or oil in to help it to become absorbed.

In my nearly finished ebook Turmeric Guide and Protocol, I do describe a method which will be helpful to you. My subscribers will receive it free, non-subscribers will have to pay for it (blatant hint 😉 .
      I hope this helps

• Stacy 29/04/2016, 17:38

I cannot express how excited I am to have happened upon this information!!! I have only recently heard a little in passing that turmeric could have anti-inflammatory benefits and I’m intrigued!! I ran out and purchased some((the wrong stuff, I got the basic grocery store spice)) but I wasn’t sure as far as application or amount so I searched and found you!!! I’m delighted to say the least!!

I currently take between 3000-4000mg of ibuprofen daily ((this is NOT a typo, unfortunately)) and I’m hoping that there’s a better way!!!
    I have a disease that causes my body to think I have a brain tumor and react as such, and an extreme elevation in cerebral spinal fluid which is essentially crushing my brain and trying to blind me… While simultaneously wreaking havoc on the rest of my body and nervous system… And I am unable to tolerate most all pharmaceuticals (which is both a blessing and a curse) but the best explanation as to why I take such a high amount of ibuprofen and nothing else… Besides an allergy medicine and some herbal supplements, one of which is the “true cinnamon”.. I started taking it to combat the fluid retention and elevated BP from the excessive ibuprofen, and then added an herbal water pill… But while that seems to help slightly with water retention.. It actually spikes my BP when combined with anything else…

My question (I’m sure you were wondering if I was going to get here)
    To the best of your knowledge, do you know if the turmeric+pepper +oil/fat mixture, once I have safely reached a “therapeutic” dose, is helpful or beneficial for water retention? Or would I likely still need some sort of supplements for that.

Also, likely as a result of years of ibuprofen and illness, my stomach muscles are paralyzed and I have difficulty digesting most anything… And I refuse to take the medicine prescribed to treat this… Do you know, or could you recommend a “gentle” way to ingest the needed quantity of turmeric to be helpful??

I have read your “subtle” hints about subscribing but have been unsuccessful in finding a link to do so.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, and I look forward to any advice you could offer!!

• Stacy 29/04/2016, 17:41

**please disregard my comments about not being able to subscribe. Immediately after posting, I refreshed page and box to subscribe popped up!!

• admin 30/04/2016, 00:05

No problem…I see you have successfully subscribed. Thanks!

• admin 30/04/2016, 00:03

Hello Stacy,
      Welcome on board…yes I did see that you subscribed. Thank you and thank you also for your kind words. It means a lot to me!

I will address in more detail your questions in an email to you tomorrow (it’s late here now). Regarding a diuretic, what always immediately comes to mind is dandelion root…amongst other uses, an excellent diuretic. I much prefer liquid extracts/tinctures when I can as they re often easier to take and easier to dose exactly what works for you. Another is Hawthorn which has other very significant benefits such as heart muscle strengthener (when taken long term) and more…but is also a powerful diuretic neither of these will cause loss of potassium (as with chemical diuretics) then there is horsetail (Equisetum arvense) very potent and with many benefits such as for osteoporosis…but there are cautions with prolonged use with this. I would suggest you have a look online regarding those herbs their benefits and precautions (dandelion root is always a good starter herb unless you are allergic to those plants in the ragweed family). All of these herbs also deliver vitamins and minerals at the same time.

Ibuprofen is one of the drugs that turmeric has been scientifically proven to be equal if not superior to…depending on why one is taking it. If for inflammatory issues and pain…then turmeric is well advised. I must add here that a good talk with your health practitioner would be a good idea regarding turmeric in your special case.

Hang in there, Stacy, I am very close to finishing the Turmeric Protocol and Guide and as you know, subscribers will get it free. And yes, there is a gentler way to take high amounts of turmeric…which I outline in the ebook and there are resources and info which you can print out to show your doctor, if needed.

Thanks for a very interesting comment…you will be hearing from me, Stacy!

• Stacy 30/04/2016, 02:18

Thank you soo much for your response!! I look forward to hearing from you via email!!

I did want to say that you already potentially helped me a great deal when mentioning the possibility of an allergy to ragweeds. The herbal supplement I’m currently taking as a diuretic is primarily dandelion with other roots /herbs… And it makes me sick, nauseous and just overall unwell.. But it did help some with fluid retention… I have noticed however that my “seasonal” allergies (not seasonal at all really, as they try to suffocate me year round) had gone out of control despite my regular allergy medication. Until you mentioned an allergic reaction it hadn’t occurred to me that I do in fact have a pretty severe allergy to the ragweed family!! And I’m wondering if that is why I’ve had little results as well as compounding of other issues!!! Thank you again for the insight!!

• admin 01/05/2016, 22:50

I’ve emailed you!

• Anne Fryer 28/04/2016, 15:25

I take 2 turmeric capsules a day with a hot meal or hot drink. I get really bad high up tummy ache soon after taking the capsules in this way. Would it be better to take with cold food or a cold drink. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

• admin 28/04/2016, 20:20

Hello Anne,
      It is a bit unusual to have stomach pain taking turmeric…but I have heard of some cases of stomach ache taking curcumin capsules. I can’t imagine that cold food would be better but why not try it? It may work for you….or try taking them with a little full fat yogurt and of course the black pepper as outlined in this article.

Are you new to turmeric? Perhaps try cutting back the dose to 1 capsule twice a day and observe. Or open one capsule and sprinkle it on your food (goes great in mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs too just dilute it first in the liquid you may use ie milk for the potatoes or a little water for the scrambled eggs. A tablespoon of water – not milk – and beat the eggs lightly makes for fluffier scrambled eggs than milk…which can produce a tougher scramble).

Let me know!

• vicky 28/04/2016, 12:32

My father has stage 3 esophagus cancer i want him to try tumeric but he on blood thinners doe this mean he can’t take it or is there a recommended small he can try. really need help here.

• admin 28/04/2016, 17:42

Hello Vicky,
      So sorry to hear about your father. I will answer you per email.

• Lupe 25/04/2016, 15:48

Thank you so very much for the wealth of information that you have provided in this article in regards to turmeric!!! Please place me on the list to receive your turmeric protocol ebook when available.
    Every morning I prepare my Golden Elixir comprised of: 1 cup boiling water, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp coconut oil, juice of 1/2 lemon and honey to taste. Per your suggestion, I will now add white pepper since its the same as black pepper. I choose white pepper since black pepper does not digest well in our system. Someone once said that eating black pepper is like eating pieces of glass. I am not sure if that is true.

• admin 25/04/2016, 16:14

Hello Lupe,

First off, thanks so much for your kind words!

Your Golden Elixer sounds delicious. If you like either, try adding a few good shakes of Ceylon cinnamon or powdered ginger (or fresh, thin shavings even better) for their benefits too. And you are correct about white pepper, the piperine content will be the same, as I understand it. White pepper is just the black with the husk removed exposing just the seed.

I had to smile at comment about hearing that eating black pepper is like eating glass…I am sure for those with hypersensitive stomachs it must feel that way but rest assured, it is not true! However, black/white pepper has many benefits, not the least improving digestion.

Lupe, I use a double opt-in system for my subscribers. That means I cannot manually add someone. This is good protection for both parties as it protects the receiver from potential spam issues and the sender (me) from being accused of it. So, you have more benefits of becoming a subscriber as you will receive a mini-5 day course, my newsletters and an ebook. Plus a bonus ebook I recently uploaded to the subscriber area (you get that link in your first email from me) plus any other reports I add on. And, my turmeric ebook is free only to my subscribers. Non-subscribers will have to pay for it.

You can unsubscribe very easily at any time. If you have any questions, contact me via the contact form!

• Sheri 25/04/2016, 03:10

So glad I found your article. I’ve learned that I should not continue to take the capsule form (or any therapeutic form) due to prescriptions I take.
    Thank you for sharing you wealth of knowledge.

• admin 25/04/2016, 14:27

Hello Sheri,
      The therapeutic amounts ‘may’ affect your meds (don’t know which ones you take). This can also be a way for you to at least reduce the amount of meds you are taking and quite possible replace them – as so many others have. It is a matter of consulting with your health practitioner to work out how. Others have concentrated on one med at a time, cutting back and increasing turmeric…with or without other spices depending on illness…such as cayenne, Ceylon cinnamon etc.

Patience and due diligence and working with a health practitioner who is open to this pays off. If I were you, copy the list of references in my turmeric articles to show.

Also, my Turmeric Guide and Protocol ebook will be available soon and free to my subscribers (blatant hint 😉 ) There will be much info there as well. All backed by medical science.

Don’t worry about normal daily usage of turmeric etc, though. No problem there and simply supportive and good for you, ok?

Contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for your kind words!

• Tom Mullins 25/04/2016, 02:56

It looks like you’re suggest adding black pepper to facilitate movement. Do you do this when adding turmeric to yogurt? I ask because I imagine black pepper negatively affecting the taste of the yogurt.

• admin 25/04/2016, 14:16

Hi Tom,
      ‘Movement’ not, making it more bio-available, yes. You would be surprised, one does not really notice it in yogurt. One does not need a lot. Yogurt tends to take the edge off of spicy flavours and is a good way to take cayenne for that very reason.

• Dawne 21/04/2016, 06:15

Hi there,
    I’m trying to figure out the best way for me to take it. I feel like like it might horrible in taste which would deter me from being compliant with it, so I was wondering what your thoughts are about this product.
    Can you give me some names of exact supplements to purchase. I went on Simply Organic but I was thinking more in capsule form. Also if I take capsules, how should I divide up them up throughout the day since you stated you the large amount is not recommended at once.
    Thank you!!!

• admin 21/04/2016, 16:45

Hello Dawne,
      Reading your comment ‘I feel like it might be horrible in taste…’ reminded me of a quote – and truism, by the way – by Henry Ford — ‘Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.’ So, if you think (decide) that it will be horrible in taste, then it will be…for you.
      Mental attitude is everything. If you approach something new with trepidation, your whole being is prepared to reject it. Instead, shift your approach to ‘This is so good for me. I wonder what it tastes like.’ Is affirmative and without judgement. If THEN it is still not for you, then it is an honest and open evaluation. That’s a bit of philosophy there for something that is a matter of ‘To be or not to be…(taking the powder form) but I am certain you see a bit of humour in it too.

I really cannot suggest any specific company of turmeric or curcumin capsules. Have a look at my answer to Mary ge regarding how to decide on a good company. As far as how much, this depends on how many mg per capsule and whether it is whole turmeric powder or curcumin 95%…and it depends on what you want to achieve. Just maintenance? Then one capsule of 500mg curcumin is more than sufficient. Have a chronic or current ailment…up the capsules to 2 twice daily, or 3 thrice daily etc until relief is noticed.

Point is, never more than 500 mg at a time and of course with a little fresh ground black pepper and a fat source or your normal food (which usually has some fat source). Anything over 500 mg at a time is wasted…no matter what BS is suggested otherwise. These are supplement companies out to make money on whatever and often are not really knowledgeable about what they sell other than superficially. It is in THEIR best interests to convince customers of high dose once a day curcumin, not yours.

I address this subject in more detail in my turmeric protocol ebook which will be ready soon and free to subscribers (blatant hint:-) ).

• Roza 20/04/2016, 20:55

Thank you so much for this lovely and health assuring sight. Some point of clarification. Do I have to make the milk everyday or I can make a considerable amount of the paste and just add warm milk. Can I make the golden paste with all the ingredients and store it? Will the pepperline in black pepper dissipate? I.e. I need to grind the pepper every time I make the golden milk?

• admin 21/04/2016, 17:02

Hello Roza,
      You’ve got some good questions. But first off, thank you for the kind words!

The Golden Milk can be taken whenever you like. Many people like it as a night time drink just before bedtime. The Golden Milk is just another way to take turmeric.

It seems like you are familiar with making the paste. ‘Considerable’ is relative. If you mean a cup of it and think you can use it up within 2 weeks, that is no problem. If not, then freeze half. This really depends on how much you will use daily. The piperine in black pepper is delicate. Personally, I add it to the end product I am using the paste for be it the Golden Milk, in smoothies, yoghurt or cooking etc. So, yes, give a few turns of the pepper mill each time you use the paste for whatever reason.

• mary ge 20/04/2016, 06:48

Hi, can you clarify something you said please: ” Read the label. Is it whole turmeric powder or in large letters TURMERIC but somewhere in smaller print ‘curcumin’?”. I the supplements all seem to say something about curcumin on the label. For example, one label says: Organic Turmeric rhizome (curcuma longa) 370 mg *
    Turmeric Extract 95% curcuminoids. Is this not good quality? I really don’t think I could do powders each day, a few times a day. I know myself! I prefer supplements. I am not sure of the definitions of curcuminoids and curcumin. Also, if a supplements says ‘non GMO’ is that just as good as organic (if it doesn’t state ‘organic’, just ‘non GMO’? Thank you! PS I am taking this for DCIS so I would need a therapeutic dose.

• admin 20/04/2016, 09:02

Hello Mary,
      Good question and I will edit the post to make it a bit clearer. Curcumin is one of the three curcuminoids in turmeric. If a label says ‘extract’ then it is not whole turmeric but curcumin…and it will never be more than 95%. This is normal for all companies selling pure curcumin. There are companies that have piperine added. If you are buying via Amazon, look for it then check the amount of verified reviews and stars. I wish you all the best with your DCIS. Btw, my next ebook Turmeric Protocol and Guide will be available soon free to my subscribers 😉
      PS Non-gmo can still be from sources that are contaminated by pesticides. As far as I know, there is no GMO turmeric, so it is a selling ‘hook’. If it says organic, then it won’t be GMO (anyway) and will be free of pesticides and other contaminations.

• Car- mel 12/04/2016, 22:29

Hi,I must compliment you on your site,very interesting,I were wondering if I could give my dog turmeric & how much,he’s a small dog(Maltese) he has arthritis in his left hip,he’s 15 years old,but other wise active & healthy.

• admin 12/04/2016, 23:35

Hello Car-mel,
      Thank you so much for your kind words!
      You most certainly can give turmeric to your dog and other pets. I can tell you that turmeric helped my beautiful Tosca through her last years. Here is an excellent website run by a vet who developed various protocols for animals big and small.
      They are on FaceBook as a group which I highly recommend you join. There is much much info there not only for dogs and pets. Look for Turmeric User Group and be sure to mention that Patricia from Epicurean Digest sent you there.
      That group and Dr. Doug English (Australia) are a blessing.

All the best to the both of you!

Tip: It is mentioned on the site and the FB group but can be easily overlooked – some pets develop a ‘cat pee’ scent after being on turmeric for a while. No worries, just start to sprinkle a small amount of Ceylon cinnamon (very important that it is not cassia cinnamon which is usually the cheaper supermarket stuff) over the food. No cat pee smell. It worked also for my Tosca. She loved her chicken broth with turmeric and a little cinnamon over her food. Took her only a few days to get used to it…and a few drops of olive oil.

Let me know how you both get along!

• Tammy 12/04/2016, 16:06

I was diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism adenoma which has given me multiple kidney stones. I have been blessed to not experience the pain of passing any. I don’t want to go into surgery to remove one of my parathyroids or have to pass any kidney stones. I have been very careful on my intake of food etc. I drink a minimum of 10 glasses of water a day. I take Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, multi-vitamin, among other things as well as applying avocado oil with frankincense on my parathyroid. I have been drinking the golden milk and drinking ginger tea with turmeric in it. I am trying to get my body into a ph balance and less acidic. I just read that it may cause calcium kidney stones or add to my existing issue. How would you advise or suggest what I should do as there are so many other benefits to taking turmeric? Thank you for any advise or suggestions.

• admin 13/04/2016, 00:32

Hello Tammy,
      Your’s is a complicated case…or rather the hyperparathyroidism adenoma complicates things. Turmeric is high in oxalates, which in certain individuals with a propensity to kidney stones can be a problem…or rather it ‘can’ complicate an existing one. Cinnamon too, is high in oxalates however it is also high in calcium…which binds to oxalates. Therefore the absorption of oxalaytes in cinnamon is roughly 5-6% compared to 89-90% in turmeric. There are factors that can reduce the absorption of oxalates. It is late here and I cannot find that info in my notes. Give me a day or so and I will contact you via email. Please be certain that the email you posted is correct. If not, contact me via the contact form on this site!

• ahmed elagha 01/05/2016, 19:25

please, would u mind email me so that i can discuss with you about hyperparathyrosisim

• admin 01/05/2016, 19:55

Ok…emailed you!

• julene 01/04/2016, 06:22

I just recently started taking a 500 mg supplement of turmeric twice a day to combat some joint inflammation in one hand. I also have a sister with breast cancer and a brother with colon cancer so I think this is something I need to take from now on as a preventative to getting cancer. I think I made a good purchase but it is just going to get too costly over time. I need to learn to work with the powder since it will be cheaper long term. Have you ever made your own supplements with the powder (not a capsule), maybe turmeric “bombs” or something similar. I found a site that has a picture of a pea-size pill shaped turmeric ball that looks very easy to make. It’s made of honey, turmeric powder and a pinch of fresh ground pepper. Then take a pinch and roll in to balls. Recommended to let dry out for 2 or 3 days. Is this anything you would recommend? I do like the idea of using almond spread with turmeric and honey. I think I could get it down that way. I need to just try eating it mixed with coconut oil since I eat that daily. Is there a fresh pepper you would recommend also. thanks. I found you by accident and will be spending more time on your site.

• admin 01/04/2016, 12:10

Hello Julene!
      I understand your concern since there is cancer in your family. Your thoughts about taking turmeric regularly as a preventative is a wise one…besides there are so many other healthy benefits as well.

In answer to your question about the honey/turmeric balls…no, I wouldn’t mess with that, and a mess it will be. There is a more practical and more importantly, optimal way to take it, which ends up using less than just the turmeric powder – but is more potent. So this is also an economical consideration.

Please have a look at the comments before this one for reference to my turmeric protocol ebook. I am nearing finishing it. I know it will interest you. I also comment about cancer in it.

As far as the pepper…just plain black pepper…or white as both are the same and both have the same quantity of piperine. Important is FRESHLY grated each time. Packaged ground black pepper’s piperine is much dissipated as it is rather delicate once exposed to air.

Coconut oil…always good. And your idea of using almond spread sounds yummy! If you have any more questions, just contact me here or via the contact form.

• Diane 01/04/2016, 01:12

Hello, For @ 6 months, I have taken
    1- TBL org Tumeric Pwd, 2-Tsp org Ceylon Cinnamon, 1- Tsp org Cayenne pepper, 1- Tsp Blk Pepper, 2-TBL org virgin Coconut Oil, 1-TBL Raw Honey,2- TBL Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with 16 ounces boiling water, in the am before eating, . I also take an anti-seizure med Lamorgine 100mg 2X daily, due to a Traumatic Brain Injury at age 24, i am 62 yrs old, I have Severe Scoliosis, . Does this combo counter the benefits of each ingrediant taken all at once? Obviously I am taking way too much Tumeric at one time (thank you for this info) what amts of Tumeric, Blk Pepper and Coconut Oil would be most beneficial taken together 3 X Day, How much Cinnamon and Cayenne is most beneficial? Is it best to take Honey & Apple Cider Vinegar separately? Thank you for your suggestions,

• admin 01/04/2016, 02:21

Hello Dianne,
      So sorry to read about your scoliosis. To answer your first question, none of the ingredients will counteract each other. Looking at your morning recipe, it looks to me like too much all at once. Especially all that water at once…it will just go through you.

With the exception of the suggestions one often reads about the benefits of apple cider vinegar taken with honey and warm water before breakfast, all the other ingredients really ought to be taken with food…as it is meant to be traditionally. This means, even if with just a few spoonfuls of yogurt or whatever, with the spices.

Regarding your second question, the therapeutic dosage is suggested between 2-3g of turmeric a day (some sources quoting more)…3g is roughly 2 tsp. or roughly slightly less than 3/4 tsp. 3x daily. To those doses, you really only need about a slightly rounded 1/8tsp of blk. pepper for its boosting effect.

The cayenne amount is fine, in my opinion…just divide that up as well, either with your 3 doses or just separately in food. Why are you taking so much cinnamon? I am just curious because you asked how much is beneficial (but for what are you taking it for?). It is a serious amount daily. Read my information on cinnamon (if you have not already). It is not a bad idea to take a break from it now and again unless you have a specific health issue you need it for.

The coconut oil…take some with the turmeric and some in your normal meals. It is fantastic stuff.

Keep in mind that although taking herbs/spices all at once may be convenient, and unlike pharma drugs (pop a pill once a day etc), natural methods work slower and surer, peak in effectiveness is shorter, hence dosing throughout the day is recommended. This is a general rule of thumb, of course but for what we are talking about here it certainly applies.

Please have a look at my reply to F Stephenson regarding my turmeric protocol report. It may interest you too.

I hope this helps!

• F Stephenson 31/03/2016, 15:20

This article actually answered my question and gave
    me additional useful information.I am also going to breakup my teas in morning and night doses and add pepper. Thank you very much for your time.

• admin 31/03/2016, 20:19

You are very welcome. It is for readers like you that I write. Thank you for your kind words!
      (Btw, I just wish to pass on to you info I mentioned to other commenters: My turmeric protocol report will be finished soon which will be free to my subscribers. Other ebooks of mine will also either be free or at a deep discount (for subscribers).

• Noluthando 26/03/2016, 00:32

Thank you so much for your advice, I am going to try your dosages. Much appreciated.

• admin 26/03/2016, 09:08

You are welcome, Noluthando. Thank you also for subscribing. I hope you enjoy the free ebook and mini course! My turmeric protocol report will be finished soon which will be free to my subscribers. Other ebooks of mine will also either be free or at a deep discount (for subscribers).

• Robert 25/03/2016, 16:45

Hello, thank you for all the time and effort you take to provide this information. I am a little concerned whether to try lowering my blood sugar using turmeric. I am on BP meds and a statin already. I was just told the my sugar levels were a bit high. A1C was 6.7 and Glucose was 124. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• admin 25/03/2016, 18:07

Hello Robert,
      I understand your concern. I cannot prescribe but I can tell you what I would do given the same situation and that is: I would introduce turmeric and cayenne gradually in my routine and monitor, increasing doses throughout the day until I notice improvement, aiming for therapeutic doses of turmeric.

I would start using true cinnamon for my diabetes and monitor. I would also relax about it all and appreciate that change takes time for the body…give it several weeks. Do everything else you know is good for you…lifestyle changes, etc.

Have you read my articles on cinnamon and cayenne? Your issues are also addressed there. I would also suggest you look for my articles on statins and cholesterol on this site to help you make an informed decision or at least be able to pose direct questions to your doctor.

I will be releasing my ‘nearly finished’ ebook on the turmeric protocol and another Herbal Heart Health…both will be available for my subscribers (blatant hint 😉 ) . There are many herbs that are backed by science for heart health…of which controlling blood pressure is paramount. Hope this helps, Robert!

• Jennifer 24/03/2016, 08:16

Thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding turmeric. I mix my organic powder (1 heaping teaspoon) w black pepper and make a paste w warm whole milk, then I drink the paste w the rest of the warm milk (approx 1/2 cup). I do this twice a day. Sometimes I use chicken broth in place of the milk and add a tsp of coconut oil but I prefer the whole milk regimen. I took Ibuprofen 800mg and Tylenol 1gm twice a day for my arthritis for years. Since incorporating turmeric into my daily routine for the past 2 years I have been able to completely stop all ibuprofen and Tylenol. I also noticed that my skin rarely, if ever, breaks out in itchy patches that used to show up randomly, usually w increased stress. I also have been able to stop taking my prilosec that I took for years. Turmeric has been an awesome herb supplement that I have recommended to many friends and co workers. Basically wanted to say thank you for your article as it confirmed a few things for me.

• admin 24/03/2016, 09:07

Hello Jennifer,
      Pleased that I could be helpful and thank you for your kind words. It is for readers like you that I write. However, I see you are taking a large dose all at once. Perhaps you missed important info in my article regarding maximum amount of turmeric per dose and the reason…please have a look at it again :-) . It’s fantastic that you no longer have to take the meds! But reading how and the amount you take, I see that you can reduce the amount greatly for the same result with just two little adjustments.
      My turmeric protocol ebook addresses that and more and is nearing finishing. It will be available free to my subscribers, non-subscribers will have to pay for it. Other free ebooks of mine are also available to my subscribers. Be sure to subscribe!

• Sharon 23/03/2016, 14:57

Thank you for such a wonderful site! My question regarding tumeric is for my husband. He has had three lower back surgeries (L4,L5) and currently is experiencing bulging discs in C4, C5, and C6. He wants to avoid surgery, if possible. One of his nurses suggested taking tumeric as an alternative to Diclofenac which replaced ibuprofen. He has been taking percocet to manage the pain. Though it is only one pill a day, he hates the way it makes him feel. We also heard that tart cherry juice has similar benefits as tumeric. What dosage would you suggest? Thank you.

• admin 23/03/2016, 20:21

Hello Sharon,
      Thank you for your kind words :-) . So sorry to hear of your husband’s problem. Understandable that he wants to avoid further surgery. Regarding the bulging disks (assuming you mean they are displaced), an experienced physiotherapist using massage and chiropractic manipulation as well as possibly using an inversion table as well, may help work them back into place. The massages will help get circulation and much needed oxygen and nutrients to the area and the inversion table helps to make a bit more space for the discs.

As far as cherry juice, yes, there are limited studies on its effects however, one must drink at least a liter/quart at least once a day. This means the juice without the benefits of the fiber, added sugar (natural or not), calories and acidity. Turmeric has several thousand studies behind it for a broad range of ailments and disease, not in the least for the anti-inflammatory effect which means pain relief.

I would work up to the therapeutic dose mentioned in this article and don’t forget the fresh ground pepper. I hope this answers your questions. Contact me via the contact form if you have any further questions. Would be interested in hearing how your husband fares.

• Sharon 24/03/2016, 03:32

Thank you so much! He actually goes to a physical therapist who is more holistic than anything. Also, we have inversion table that he currently uses. I went and bought all the items for the Golden Milk and will be giving it a shot. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again,
        Sharon

• admin 24/03/2016, 08:51

You are welcome. Remember, consistency and doses throughout the day are best rather than a large dose all at once. You will become inventive with how you use it in cooking. For example, mix a dose equivalent for the both of you with a little water in a bowl, then lightly beat in eggs if you like scrambled. The colour is lovely and one hardly tastes it…the water keeps the eggs light and fluffy. Add it in yoghurt, salad dressings etc etc.

• Janice 19/03/2016, 03:20

Hi I buy the tumeric raw and blend it in my ninja and just add a teaspoon to hot or warm water and black pepper is this a good way to consume it or do I have to cook it?? thank you

• admin 19/03/2016, 12:02

Hello Janice,
      How fortunate for you that you can get it raw! However, raw turmeric doesn’t mean ‘eating it raw’…it was never meant to be consumed that way. I know smoothies are in now and many sites (who are not so informed about turmeric) have recipes using raw. Even vegan and vegetarian sites – who rarely do their research on turmeric for their articles. Turmeric for them is a new trend and not much more.

When it is cooked, even briefly as in the Golden Milk it is more bioavailable. I cover also using turmeric raw in my Turmeric Report that will be available free for my subscribers (blatant hint – good idea to subscribe 😉 ) I also address the reasons why sourcing raw is a better option and which of the constituents are retained in raw as opposed to powder in it. It will be available within a week.

Subscribers also benefit from other free ebooks and a mini-course as well.

Hope this helps, Janice!

• Ceighbree 12/03/2016, 00:01

What about raw tumeric? How much and how often? And is ok to just eat it..it’s delicious :)

• admin 12/03/2016, 15:23

Hello Ceighbree,
      Although some people do like raw turmeric root, too much can cause digestive, intestinal problems. It was never meant to be eaten raw in its traditional use. Not everything raw is a good idea. Turmeric is one of those as it must be at least in its, dried and powdered form or ideally cooked for the curcumin to become bioavailable. And eaten with some oil or fat source AND black pepper for the piperine (see article). Eating it raw for the benefits of the curcumin, isn’t going to happen and it is wasted.
      Dosage of raw is roughly 3x the powdered equivalent. To give you an idea, roughly 1.25 cm (1/2 in) of fresh root is suggested for 1 serving for the turmeric milk or tea, which of course, are simmered for several minutes.
      As for how often, this depends. Maintenance? General well being? Specific illness? Just follow the guidelines for the dried but adjust for the fresh.

• Michelle 29/02/2016, 00:29

I am NOT taking any pharmaceutical drugs however I take my daily vitamins in the morning B C D E and fish oil and a baby aspirin daily would there be any interactions if I take turmeric with my vitamins daily

• admin 29/02/2016, 01:19

Hello Michelle,
      Great that you do not need pharmaceuticals! There will be no problem at all taking turmeric with your vitamins. It is a food supplement. You mention taking a baby aspirin. Why? Preventative measure? Turmeric, cayenne and so many other herbs can easily replace aspirin (baby or not). I hope this helps.

• julie 28/02/2016, 18:00

I’ve just been diagnosed with follicular lymphoma. I read where turemic would be helpful to take. After reading some of the comments, it seems taking 1/4 teaspoon with pepper would be a good way to go. Adding cayenne too. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!!!

• admin 28/02/2016, 19:36

Hello Julie,
      So sorry to read about your diagnosis. Turmeric has certainly shown its effectiveness in non-Hodgekins Lymphomas specifically on the T and B type cells (in the case of follicular lymphoma – the abnormal B cells). However, 1/4 tsp of turmeric won’t be of much help as this is a good daily maintenance dose for general use. So, although there are no specific doses per disease (turmeric is a food supplement, remember) one should aim for what is considered therapeutic doses which are in the range of 2-3 g. daily. But…work up to this. Please re-read this article for tips on how to take it. Just make it your ‘friend’ and begin to incorporate it in…nearly everything. Do not be tempted to take it all at once. Turmeric works best as a food…a little taken throughout the day. Otherwise, you are wasting it and there will be no effect.
      Watch for an email from me with more information, Julie!

• Jackie 27/02/2016, 19:29

Thank you for this wealth of information.
    I shall take your advice….
    I feel like a drug addict with all those diabetic/high blood pressure pills/cholesterol.

Must I do a liver cleanse because of all those pills over the years?

• admin 28/02/2016, 00:12

Hello Jackie,
      I know how you must feel. My husband was taking at least 8 pills throughout the day. Now, no more pharma. Just turmeric, a few other spices and natural vitamins and herbal extracts. He’s better, blood work improved better than before on drugs.

The liver is an amazing organ and is the only one that can regenerate itself. Frankly, I am cautious about this ‘cleanse and detox fad’. The liver, when allowed to rest from constantly functioning as the main filter for your body and receives supportive herbs and a lifestyle change is quite capable of ‘detoxing’ itself. Most people’s livers are stressed and not functioning optimally. I am speaking of the average person and not someone with liver disease (although there are rather intensive herbal treatments for that.

Support the liver. That means, give it a rest and lots of water. By ‘rest’ I mean no alcohol for a few weeks, really cut back on the coffee, drink green tea, no fatty or fried foods, no sugar, lots of fruit and vegetables, walk more, worry less and avoid processed food. Liver supportive herbs are Milk Thistle, Boldo, Dandelion extracts. I prefer the tinctures to be administered by dropper into water etc. Artichokes and in general, all ‘bitter’ foods/herbs are liver and digestion supportive. Your liver will thank you for it. That is it in a nutshell. Do an online search for herbs for liver health . Look for an email from me. Thanks for your kind words!

• Teresa Grace 27/02/2016, 14:23

Great article. I have a couple of questions.

1) My husband takes blood pressure medication, a low dose. Until reading your article didn’t know not to mix the turmeric with this. He has been taking a 500mg capsule with black pepper and coconut oil every morning. With the dosage of the blood pressure pill being so low, would it be beneficial to contact his Dr. and see what he thinks about getting off of it and trying the turmeric as a maintenance?

2) We have been giving the same dosage above the same way to our black labs once a day. They love the coconut oil treat. I was using it for the inflammation and the fatty tumors my 11 yr old has. What are your thoughts?

• admin 27/02/2016, 23:58

Hello Teresa,
      Regarding your first question, I will contact you. About your labs (I inherited a golden one with my new husband…lovely girl) I don’t feel qualified to give much advice regarding turmeric and animals/dosage. I know it is very helpful for them and certainly helped my little one of nearly 15 years. Here is an excellent Vet run page only for turmeric information for animals. There are many files there and the people are very helpful and friendly: Turmeric User Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/415313751866609/

Look for my email.

• John 19/02/2016, 20:33

Hi
    Would like your opinion on Turmeric tincture. I grow my own Turmeric, dry and powder some and make tincture ( infused in 190 proof vodka for about 8 weeks ). I take 3 to 4 m/l 4 times daily in hot drinks and on my morning porridge with coconut oi and pepper.Powder is used for making paste and general cooking always with oil and/or pepper.
    Cheers

• admin 20/02/2016, 13:24

Hello John,
      What you are doing sounds right but I cannot accurately answer you about the tincture, not knowing the ratio of turmeric to the vodka. The University of Maryland Medical Center recommends “15 to 30 drops four times daily for an adult.” This is, however the 1:2 ratio and for addressing health issues. For maintenance, the recommended dose of the tincture once a day is enough. As a healthy habit, it suffices to use it in cooking frequently. More is not better, John. Use it as it is used traditionally in Indian and Asian cooking. Use concentrated doses for addressing health issues as needed. Turmeric, as with many herbal remedies, support the natural processes of the body, including of course the healing processes…it does not replace them.
      Here is a link for you regarding the tincture ratios: http://bearmedicineherbals.com/an-introduction-to-tinctures.html

• John 11/03/2016, 10:55

Hi
        Thank you very much for the reply and the link. Much appreciated.

• trisha 17/02/2016, 15:20

I just made the tummeric paste…how long can it be left out before refrigerated? I left it out about 3 to 4 hours before I refrigerated it….but it looked a little watery….does this mean it went bad?

• admin 17/02/2016, 15:59

Not to worry, Trisha. It will be fine – freshly cooked turmeric paste doesn’t go ‘bad’ within hours. You would have to leave it out in warm weather for a few days. If it looks a little watery, next time try with just a little less water. Be sure to add the fresh ground black (or white) pepper to it before you refrigerate it.

• Connie Brazil 10/02/2016, 19:25

I just started taking turmeric daily in my morning smoothie and was putting in a tablespoon. Now I see that might not have been the best idea to take that large of a dosage at once, don’t want to waste it. To make sure I understand I can just take 1/4 tsp of turmeric in powder form 3-4 times a day in my food and that would work? Busy schedule and trying to find the easiest way to get the right dosage in. Thank you very much for a wonderfully informative article.

• admin 10/02/2016, 21:41

That is correct. 1/4 tsp. 1-2 times a day for general maintenance is sufficient. If you are addressing a specific health problem, then 3-4 times a day. Get creative about incorporating it! In scrambled eggs, mixed into peanut or almond butter as a spread, or into ANY spread…rice dishes…soups, stews, chili, smoothies and my favourite, in yogurt. Take a yogurt with turmeric to work as a snack. But don’t forget the pepper.

• Elmarie 09/02/2016, 21:09

I noticed you cautioned against use with gallstones. I had my gallbladder removed 7 months ago (due to gallstones). What dosage is safe for gallbladder-less people?

• susan 09/02/2016, 18:15

I’m trying to find an easy way to take this daily….would almond butter be a good substitute? If I mix 1/4 t turmeric, grind of blk pepper and mix with the almond butter and just eat it from the spoon??

• admin 10/02/2016, 08:16

Susan, you can add it to anything you like…soups, stews, yogurt, fresh cheese and yes even nut butters. Why not? Me, I would spread it on a crisp bread and add a drizzle of honey, with the turmeric, pepper etc, a delicious combination.

• susan 10/02/2016, 16:33

So the almond butter will be good as the fat? I had also read that heating it was recommended???

• admin 10/02/2016, 21:44

Yes, heating it, as cooking with it in food or as the Golden Milk recipe is always better…then it becomes more bioavailable. Or one can make a cooked paste of it. I will be writing an article/report on the paste soon. Almond butter is excellent…certainly plenty of good ‘fat’…don’t forget the pepper. Add a little honey for a delicious spread.

• Valentina 04/02/2016, 02:24

I have a question, I have read all the comments and your article, and just want to know in your opinion what is the better way to take turmeric : as golden milk, that is to heat turmeric or in a raw state, as I understand you take it twice a day : in the morning and later on, coconut oil, some pepper, and you do not warm it up. Do you take it with water? I do not want to use any kind of milk?
    Thank you so much, very informative article, I am reading all your health highlights

• admin 20/02/2016, 13:09

Valentina, you can take it as you like but just with water is a bit boring, don’t you think? You can use any kind of ‘milk’ such as almond, rice or oat (please refer to my article on soy for reasons I do not recommend it). Heated is always better, such as in foods. Try it in scrambled egg, for example or in soups and stews. Or mixed into fresh cheese and used as a dip or spread. The golden milk can be taken anytime but usually in the evening, however take it as the need arises.

• Laurie 01/02/2016, 20:01

Thank you so much for all of this info! So glad I stumbled upon it.

I’ve been taking turmeric and pepper mixed in water for 2 months now and never had heard to take it with fat. Is 1/4 c. of dairy kefir enough of a fat?

Also, does it matter if I take my turmeric and pepper (1/4 tsp. each) in kefir with my daily vitamins in the morning? I take fish oil, multi-vitamin, K2, calcium w/D, and glucosamine. The rest of the day I would just take it with my kefir (3x).

Lastly, is any turmeric in the spice aisle good enough if it says 100% organic? I found it pretty cheap at WalMart–Wild Oats brand.

Thank you!

• admin 09/02/2016, 11:28

Hello Laurie,
      The fat in the kefir should be sufficient and taking it with your vitamins seems like a good idea. As far as shop turmeric, I think if it says 100% oranic, this will be your deciding factor. Sounds good to me!

• ajay 30/01/2016, 11:23

hiii ,i want to kwn tht turmic can help to reduce brain tumar if yes so plz tell me how much turmic should take in a day ..bt my Gall Bladder have removed by operation cause stone

• admin 09/02/2016, 12:44

Hello Ajay,
      There are promising studies regarding turmeric (specifically, the curcumin in turmeric) regarding all tumors including brain tumors. Unfortunately, I have no clue as to what the protocol is or how much to take. I did not that on youtube there are videos regarding this subject. Perhaps do a search there and contact the person who uploaded them…they may have more info for you. Sorry I could not help.

• Maria Driscoll 29/01/2016, 03:14

I am thrilled to have a heaping tablespoon or teaspoon with crunchy peanut butter….it is a very yummy treat..now adding pepper…my feet feel better ( burning feet, or neurotomy) I swear its better!

• admin 09/02/2016, 14:54

Thanks for sharing with us your success. All the best to you!

• Teresa 26/01/2016, 01:56

Hi, I am suffering from Postherpetic neuralgia (Pain After Shingles) and my doctor has recommended pharmaceutical drugs for pain such Lyrica. I was wondering if Turmeric would possible help with this condition. What would be your recommended dose, in high amounts or slowly increase over time.

Thanks,
    Trese

• admin 09/02/2016, 15:02

Hello Teresa,
      Sorry I did not see your post earlier. My sympathies regarding the shingles. Pregabalin (trade name Lyrica) can be addictive and should not be stopped suddenly and I have found not adverse interaction with turmeric. I can only tell you what I would do in the same situation and that would be to start slowly with turmeric and increasing by 1/4 tsp each week. Then I would pay close attention to how I feel after a few weeks before I start tapering off the Pregabalin. Don’t be impatient with this, take your time and be gentle to yourself. Give it time and follow the suggestions for how to take turmeric, never forgetting the black pepper.
      Add it to your food, soups, stews etc.
      Hope this helps. Be sure to read my disclaimer!

• Sonal Shah 17/01/2016, 19:33

Hi, this is Sonal here.. Just read your post. I have a question.. I take 1tsp ground turmeric mixed with 1tsp coconut oil and 1/8tsp ground black pepper and I have this twice day. Which means I have 2tsp of ground turmeric a day.. Is this method correct for osteoarthritis, knee and joint pain and radiating chest pain? Looking forward for the help. Also would like to Know how long it takes to show its effects in the body..? Currently I am taking steroids. I badly want to stop taking steroids its harming me. Looking forward for your reply.. Thanks in advance..

• admin 09/02/2016, 15:12

Hello Sonal,
      Too much turmeric at one time is not beneficial and in a way is a waste. It is much better to take 1/4tsp with some oil/pepper 3-4 times a day than what you are taking. Use 1/4 tsp three times a day and observe how you feel before increasing it.. If you can, add 1/8 tsp cayenne or ginger to your blend and observe. I think you will notice some improvement. Wishing you all the best for getting off the steroids!

• Victoria 12/01/2016, 14:47

I take red rice yeast, fish oil, and CoQ10 to control my cholesterol. Can turmeric be taken with this?

• Neata 04/01/2016, 20:11

I’ve been using golden milk for arthritis of thumbs. . Not helping yet. This seems much easier way to take. Any benefit to heating the paste for golden milk?
    Very helpful article, thank you!

• admin 09/02/2016, 15:20

I would drink the golden milk at night but during the day I would take 1/8 tsp.cayenne, cinnamon as you like it, 1/4 tsp. turmeric three times a day in whatever food you prefer, yogurt, porridge (oatmeal), soups, stews, veg dishes. The paste doesn’t need to be heated again as it has been cooked. Just stir it into whatever food. Thank you for your kind words!