Dosage and Method: Turmeric

turmeric powder in coconut oilHow:  Always with fresh ground black pepper (see below why) and some fat or oil as it is lipophilic (oil soluble).  I use coconut oil.  For optimal absorption, always take it with food.

How much:  For adults the official recommendation is up to 1.5 g. daily which will be about one very slightly rounded teaspoon which can be divided over two to three doses daily.  Therapeutic doses are considered to be 2-3 g. See cautions below.  Not recommended for small children under two.  For older children and those over 65, start with a low dose. There are varying opinions as to the dosage and confusion between the active ingredient curcumin and turmeric doses.

If you are just starting out with turmeric powder, try 1/4 tsp. twice a day for several days before increasing to the suggested dose.

According to research, piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper will increase significantly the bio-availability of curcumin by 2000% (or put differently, 20 times more bio-available.). “Piperine enhances the serum concentration, extent of absorption and bio-availability of curcumin.”  Turmeric has poor bioavailability due to its rapid metabolism in the liver and intestinal walls.  Piperine works via various mechanisims that enhance absorption of ALL nutrients.

Tea/drinks:  Some people like to take it as a tea, adding a little coconut oil and black pepper.   Others like to take it in warm milk with honey (Golden Milk recipe here) or hot cocoa.

Capsules:  Curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) is available in capsule form.  Personally, I am not a fan of taking herbs (or spices) in such a concentrated active-ingredient-only-form.  This is not what nature intended nor herbal medicine traditions which understood the importance of the synergy of the whole plant matter, be it seeds, leaf, bark or root.  However, please consider organic turmeric which it may be quite helpful for therapeutic short term uses as a massive dosing therapy.  ‘Short term’ is the key word.  See cautions below.  Note:  There is much confusion about turmeric capsules on many websites and even companies selling them.  Read the label.  Is it whole turmeric powder or in large letters TURMERIC or turmeric extract but somewhere in smaller print ‘curcumin’? Turmeric extract is curcumin.

Food:  A great way to take it, a curry is perhaps the best food method – but do you eat curry daily and with medicinal amounts of turmeric? I doubt it.  However, I have added turmeric throughout the day in my yogurt, muesli, some soups, salad dressings and other dishes.  It gets a bit ‘old’ after a while and invariably I return to my favourite way which is in yogurt where the flavour nearly disappears.  There is no problem for pregnant or breastfeeding women to take turmeric in normal amounts for cooking.  Asian and Indian women have been doing it since millennia.

Fat/oil:  This is my modus operandi and part of my morning routine.  One teaspoon of coconut oil (turns solid in winter so I warm it a little) to  1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.  I add a good few turns of black pepper (for the piperine). This is most likely about 1/8 teaspoon. I repeat this in the afternoon.  These two doses will equal the recommended dose of  1g daily.  Of course you can use any non-inflammatory oil, however coconut oil is my personal favourite.
Lately, I have been using one dollop of full fat real yogurt (about one tablespoon) without the coconut oil to which I stir in the rest.

Many people follow the attitude that ‘more is better’.  This is a huge mistake as turmeric is BEST absorbed in smaller doses throughout the day.  Huge doses at once will simply be wasted.  Bio-availability of the curcumin is a real problem that must be taken seriously.  Take it as suggested WITH the black pepper as explained above and the dose you take will be far better absorbed.

Please reread all the above information before you comment.  I will not answer comments that obviously show not having read this article fully (such as: how much should I take or I just take it with water, is this ok?).  I will gladly answer any other questions to clarify the article or those you may have for your unique health situation, if I can.

Caution regarding therapeutic doses (of turmeric powder and in particular curcumin supplementation):

• Turmeric is used to lower blood sugar and may be problematic for diabetics taking diabetic medicines and hypoglycemics.
    • Turmeric also lowers blood pressure in high doses.  Do not take with herbs that have similar effect nor with chemical drugs such as antihypertensives that artificially lower the blood pressure.  It’s either one or the other.
    • It lowers the LDL (‘bad cholesterol) and raises the HDL (‘good cholesterol) and will boost the effect of chemical cholesterol lowering drugs.  Taken together, not a good idea.  Consider your choices. See statement in bold below.
    • Theraputic doses of turmeric can act as a blood thinner and is not to be taken in conjunction with such chemical blood thinners such as warfarin, coumadin, clopidogrel, or even aspirin, do not ingest turmeric in any form in more than low doses.  In normal usage and doses, it is on a par with aspirin or Ibuprofen and is not a problem.
    • Therapeutic doses of turmeric taken with moderate to high doses of Ginko biloboa or garlic, all of which have blood thinning properties, should not be taken at the same time.
    • If you do take theraputic doses of turmeric, stop 48 prior to surgery (some sites advise 2 weeks…this is not necessary).
    • May cause nausea if taken on an empty stomach.
    • If you are having problems with bile duct obstruction,  gall bladder or gall stones,   avoid therapeutic doses of turmeric as it increases the bile production.
    • If you are susceptible to kidney stones, curcumin can increase calcium oxalate excretion.
    • High, therapeutic doses may stimulate uterine contractions and menstrual flow.  In other words, if you are pregnant do not take therapeutic doses, however normal use is fine.
    • Therapeutic doses may lower blood sugar.  This is not a problem for diabetics who regularly check their sugar levels and can adjust their insulin or food intake accordingly.

It is worth considering that many people have successfully either weaned themselves off chemical drugs or at least lowered the doses over time. This also means, avoided the inevitable side effects of long term pharmaceuticals.  Consult with a health practitioner who is knowledgeable in natural methods, especially turmeric.

Warning!  Super food turmeric may seriously improve your health.  Read more about turmeric benefits – Spice:  Turmeric – Beyond Curry

More related posts: Turmeric – Take It With Food and Why       Turmeric – Does Your Supply Pass the Test

Be sure to purchase your herb and spices from non-irradiated, organic and reliable sources for the full health benefit.  Grocery store herbs are good enough for seasoning but most likely have been radiated.  One company I have come to trust is “Simply Organic”.

———-

Therapeutic doses of most any herbal preparation is seldom intended for long term use and were never intended to be used in that way.  Obviously, long term chemical ‘solutions’ have also negative effects.  Many herbalists and Naturopathic practitioners recommend taking breaks of a few weeks from any long term herb use.  However, some people eventually ease themselves off of pharmaceuticals and are happy with the results using natural methods and just as importantly, a healthier lifestyle.  Your health practioner (read my interpretation of that and my disclaimer here) should be consulted.

——————

Small selection of references:

•  Shapiro K, Gong WC. Natural products used for diabetes. Journal of the American Pharmaceutical Association. 2002;42(2):217–226. [PubMed]
  •  Gobert CP, Duncan AM. Consumption, perceptions and knowledge of soy among adults with type 2 diabetes. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2009;28(2):203–218. [PubMed]
  •  Jiang CS, Liang LF, Guo YW. Natural products possessing protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) inhibitory activity found in the last decades. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica. 2012;33(10):1217–1245. [PubMed]
  • Nolan CJ, Damm P, Prentki M. Type 2 diabetes across generations: from pathophysiology to prevention and management. The Lancet. 2011;378(9786):169–181. [PubMed]
  • Aggarwal BB, Sundaram C, Malani N, Ichikawa H. Curcumin: the Indian solid gold. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 2007;595:1–75. [PubMed]
  • Kolev TM, Velcheva EA, Stamboliyska BA, Spiteller M. DFT and experimental studies of the structure and vibrational spectra of curcumin. International Journal of Quantum Chemistry. 2005;102(6):1069–1079.
  • Perez-Torres I, Ruiz-Ramirez A, Banos G, El-Hafidi M. Hibiscus sabdariffa Linnaeus (Malvaceae), curcumin and resveratrol as alternative medicinal agents against metabolic syndrome. Cardiovascular & Hematological Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. 2013;11(1):25–37. [PubMed]
  • Goel A, Kunnumakkara AB, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin as “Curecumin”: from kitchen to clinic. Biochemical Pharmacology. 2008;75(4):787–809. [PubMed]
530 comments… add one
  • Shelly Bubbles 18/08/2016, 21:42

A new resource for me … thank you!. Tumeric has just been suggested to treat Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), a chronic skin condition. I’m also looking into other elements of diet to address this condition.

Is your Tumeric ebook still available. Do you have any specific information on HS and Tumeric?

• admin 19/08/2016, 17:00

Hello Shelly,
      You are welcome! I just sent you a detailed email.

• Reyna 18/08/2016, 00:57

What’s up friends, pleasant article and good arguments commented here,
    I am actually enjoying by these.

• Angela 10/08/2016, 17:09

Hello,
    Very informative Blog! THANK YOU for this valuable resource. I have a 9 yr old son recently diagnosed with PANS/PANDAS. From my understanding it is related to inflammation on the basal ganglia part of the brain. His symptoms included sudden onset of OCD. Which is still very debilitating. Never had it before this PANS/PANDAS. I would like you advice on how to give him turmeric. I have been giving him just 1-2 capsules per day, but he is not improving much. Now I see that making a paste would be better. Would you recommend 1/4 teaspoon on a spoon with coconut oil and then how much pepper do I add? And is just the normal black pepper from the grocery store okay? Also, I am in the process of doing other things, like a parasite cleanse tincture (intestinal support from Herb Pharm and now wanting to add another tincture, called Brain and Memory form Herb Pharm, which I ordered and is on its way) Are there negative reactions when mixing turmeric with other herbs. I’m getting confused as to WHEN to give him WHAT. With meals…between meals…what should I NOT mix. We have switched his diet to a more anti-inflammatory one too. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
    Angie

• admin 13/08/2016, 01:54

Thank you for your kind words, Angela. So sorry to hear about your son’s diagnosis of PANS. The OCD, as you probably know seems to be part and parcel of the illness. Some pediatricians seem to feel that once in adolescence, that patients may grow out of it. Others disagree. All agree that PANS is greatly under researched.

The concern about inflammation on the basal ganglia is a genuine one. Permanent damage may occur, making OCD nearly untreatable. Turmeric is a strong anti-inflammatory help, not only for joint and muscle pain but for the nerves and protecting/regenerating the neurons. In view of this, in MY personal opinion, turmeric certainly should be a big part of your son’s treatment. Do a online search for turmeric +neurons and you will find quite a lot of info. Also turmeric +dopamine (a neurotransmitter) will be helpful.

The best way to take turmeric is simply to remember it is a food supplement. Incorporate it into the food and be creative. It disappears in tomato sauces of all kinds. You won’t taste it. Use it in mayonnaise preparations, in scrambled eggs, in yogurt…in short…in anything. Start him off with a little less than 1/4 simply to see how his bowels react. No problem then up the dose to 1/4, eventually increasing to 3 times a day and observe how he can manage that. Of course the food must have a good fat/oil source and pepper as mentioned in this article. Full fat yogurt has sufficient fat in it.

Regular pepper is fine….black or white. General rule of thumb about the pepper to turmeric in these small amounts is…slightly less than half the turmeric. So, a little less than 1/8 tsp. black pepper or white to 1/4 tsp. turmeric. Yes, paste is best. I cover all the reasons why and more in my ebook.

Since it is a food, I would not worry about interaction with the herbal tinctures.

Hope this helps and thank you for subscribing, Angie!

My only concern is that it is best to go slow, introduce one new substance at a time be it turmeric or the tinctures. a) you don’t want to cause stomach/intestinal problems by introducing too much at once…and b) by doing too much all at once, one cannot know really which is really helping. Was it the tinctures? Was it the turmeric?

Work with one new substance, have patience and observe…even take notes before adding other substances. More all at once is never a good idea.

Turmeric=take with meals. Tinctures=are often suggested to take between meals…there are exceptions, of course.

Good idea to concentrate on an anti-inflammatory diet. Cut out the sugar, pay also attention to more alkaline foods as well…celery etc.

• Steve 30/07/2016, 01:01

I was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in November 2015. The growth was removed by surgery and I followed it with 12 rounds of chemo. Throughout this time, I have also been seeing a naturopath. Unfortunately, the naturopaths I have dealt with are fans of supplements. I am not. I prefer to use whole foods and herbs, but I am taking some supplements recommended by my naturopath and considering others. One supplement that I am considering is curcumin. I enjoy turmeric and would rather add turmeric to my food and drinks than use curcumin supplements. Specifically, my naturopath is recommending just under 1 gram per day of Theracumin. I am not sure if this quantity is even advisable. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of research backing up such an approach.
    Can I achieve the benefit that my naturopath is envisioning with a teaspoon daily of turmeric?

• admin 30/07/2016, 23:44

Hello Steve,
      That is some journey you’ve been on with your colon cancer and chemo. I completely understand your aversion to supplements. In my opinion, and in your case, I would take the slightly rounded teaspoon suggested in this article…but divided in 2-3 doses throughout the day and as suggested with food and see how you get on.

Look for a private email from me.

• spain travel 18/07/2016, 21:46

Really nice style and wonderful content material, nothing at all else we
    need :D.

• admin 19/07/2016, 00:22

Thank you!

• Maggie 18/07/2016, 21:39

Hi Admin,

I have a niece who just got diagnosed with Leukemia. I stumbled upon this blog. I researched and read that Turmeric is a good supplement for Child Leukemia. Do you happen to have a recommended dosage or a recommended diet with Turmeric for a 3-year old child?

Please advise.

Thank you.

• admin 19/07/2016, 00:48

Hello Maggie,
      So sorry to read about your niece’s diagnosis. I have no experience with your questions, unfortunately. What I can say is that turmeric is not recommended for children under age 2. A low dose (as I mentioned in this article) is a good starting point for children older than that…but try 1/8 tsp. twice daily and see how the child manages with that. I suggest you look on the internet for turmeric and “childhood leukemia” (in quotes). I just did there are several links you could have a look at. Some also have food recommendations. I wish I could help you more than that and wish you both all the best.

• Paz 15/07/2016, 05:18

Quick question, the turmeric that you take with oil and pepper in the morning it’s raw/fresh, right?
    do you grate it? and take it right after food so not on an empty stomach 🙂
    Thank you, i think your site was more helpful from all others ‘I’ve read!

• admin 15/07/2016, 11:38

Hello Paz,
      The turmeric referred to is the powdered form. You would need a much larger amount per dose because of the water content of the fresh rhizome. Many people enjoy adding it to food they are cooking and some think juicing it must be beneficial. However, raw, uncooked turmeric constituents such as curcumin will be even less bioavailable than the powdered or cooked form.

The powdered turmeric has been boiled, then dried before being turned into a fine powder. So, this is cooked anyway, is concentrated (rather than a cooked whole rhizome) and simply better utilized by the body. It is the nature of the constituents and is as it is. Use the raw root for cooking for the texture, colour and flavour but understand that for consistent health purposes a quality powder is superior.

Thank you for your kind words, and for subscribing! I see your confirmation is pending. Don’t forget to confirm via the email you received to finish the subscription process. 🙂

• Salina 13/07/2016, 18:23

What a wonderful site, thank you!
    I take my turmeric with a mix of apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, black pepper, cardamom and hot water but just read that is not a good idea because of the honey; how do you make this palatable? I cannot drink warm milk and do not eat yogurt.
    I just subscribed but cannot seem to find the link to the Turmeric ebook, some help would be appreciated!

• admin 14/07/2016, 00:19

Hello Salina,
      Thank you for your kind words. That is an interesting combination you take with turmeric, but if it works for you, great! ACV, cardamon, black pepper as well as turmeric are all good for the digestion and alleviating indigestion. But I don’t understand your concern about honey. For myself, I incorporate my turmeric doses into my food most times. It is wonderful in scrambled eggs, for example. Yogurt is just another easy carrier, but not crucial.
      The turmeric ebook was offered until 18 June to subscribers after which it goes on sale. Look for an email from me and thank you for subscribing!

• empressleelah 07/07/2016, 21:19

Greetings. I give thanks for this site. I have advances breast cancer . I was advised to take turmeric. I am using the powder. How does this help .the tumor is external and growing and painful. Please tell me what’s the best form to take it

• admin 07/07/2016, 21:42

Hello,
      I am so sorry to read of your breast cancer. Please look for an email from me shortly.

• Dele B. I 06/07/2016, 01:34

I have a lump on my right shoulder which has been growing very slowly for the past 20 yrs . Its about half size of a lemon fruit. I have visited my personal doctors severally, he will feel the lump and ask me if I am experiencing any pain. My answer to his question has always be in the negative. Recently I started experiencing slight pains when I raise my right hand. Though this experience is not constant. When I went to my doctor last week to complain he gave me some analgesic and ask me to come back next week for further examinations and series of test. I am a bit worried. Pls can I start taking tumeric powder to reduce the lump growth and how do I prepare the powder at home for storage. Pls your advice is needed most urgently. Thanks

• admin 06/07/2016, 15:59

Hello Dele,
      This lump can be any number of things from harmless to serious. It seems it could be putting pressure on a nerve which may be why you feel slight pain. The anapestic simply reduces the inflammation and alleviates the pain, but of course not the problem you have had for so long. He is right to want to start tests on you next week and you would be certainly right to insist that all worries are ruled out as soon as possible…for YOUR peace of mind.
      Storing the powder is no problem…keep it in a dark place like you would spices and herbs (not where the sun would shine on them). As to whether the lump will reduce due to the turmeric, I could not really tell you. I just don’t know…but it won’t make it worse.
      Look for an email from me.

• tbynoe 05/07/2016, 22:52

Hi,

I just stumbled onto this blog while continuing my research on Curcumin /turmeric and its effectiveness in dealing with muscle stiffness. I purchased Curamed (curcumin 95%) 500mg tablets.. I have been taking them for 5 days. I am take two tablets in the morning on an empty stomach. Trying to address what I believe is inflammation. I have had xrays that all been normal, blood work which has been normal, mri .. normal. no explanation for the stiffmess.

I am about 200lb/ 5’11… not sure about dosage, when to take it and now if I should take it.
    should I use turmeric as oppose to curcumin.

I am 52 and with in the last year< just prior to turning 51, I started to experience body/muscle stiffness mostly in my legs, after sitting and when I get out bed or out of a car. before all this I worked out regularly ran/walked/weigh trained. the pain is not crippling but does initially effect my posture and how quickly I move… after a few steps I am good.

I know that I am menopausal and have been reading about "menopause arthritis" arthritis resulting from hormonal changes. Not sure what the heck is happening but I need my life back.

Your blog is very informative.. thanks for putting in the work.

• admin 06/07/2016, 16:32

Hello,

I sympathize with you and trust me I know the feeling, only I went through menopause and it looks like you are full into menopause. Yes, it is hormonal and really annoying. What helped me is not only turmeric 2-3 times daily but being aware of drinking enough water or unsweetened herbal teas. This helps keep the cartilage of the joints hydrated.
      You say your xrays are normal etc, however inflammation would not usually show up (the damage done to cartilage as a result of years of inflammation, would).

Turmeric is a good choice, there is no need for the curcumin capsules and without taking them properly ie WITH food, with a good oil/fat source WITH black pepper, the capsules just enter the intestines and pass through with precious little entering the blood stream. This kind of therapy as you described it is good for intestinal problems of various sorts, but not for your problem.

Take the turmeric as outlined in this article at least morning and night, drink sufficient fluids, preferably water and I am sure you will notice the difference. Look into transdermal magnesiumm ‘oil’ (but it is not really an ‘oil’, it just has a slippery feel). I think this will interest you. And…thanks for subscribing to my newsletter 😉 !

• Tbynoe 06/07/2016, 19:31

I appreciate your response, considering that I am a woman and menopausal, is the advice still applicable? I should also advise that I am also taking a zinc tablet 50mg, B12, omega 3 fish oil tablet, Magnesium 250mg, calcium/vita d and a multi vitamin.

I started this on 6/25 ( so not quite a week) The Curcumin tablet I purchased is the brand Curamed (BCM 95%) which I thought improved the bioavailability and thus allow for a longer time in my blood stream etc. I also read that I should take the curamed on an empty stomach is that not accurate?

Please explain again, if you don’t mind. Thanks and is the turmeric book available somewhere?

• admin 07/07/2016, 15:33

Hello Tbynoe,
          To answer your first question, yes. And the zink, omega3 andt vit d are certainly good, however please have a look at this article http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carolyn-dean-md-nd/bone-health_b_1540931.html.
          Regarding the Curamed…I am aware of this product and on surface it seems quite unique…curcumin with turmeric essential oils (which would be the various turmerones, especially A-turmerone). However, among the other few hundred components of turmeric, these are what makes up turmeric. In Curamed, the curcumin is isolated and combined with a concentration of turmerones. From a pharmaceutical view, this is typical of isolating, concentrating and creating a product…and in the case of Curamed, boswellia (frankincense) etc is added.

This seems all well and good, however I see on various reviews complains of stomach upset, others not noticing much difference to taking turmeric with black pepper as recommended and of course some who are benefited by the product. However, I suspect these people would be equally benefited if they knew how to take turmeric properly. For the vast many, popping a capsule is convenient and takes priority.

From a herbalist, and Ayurvedic view as well as traditional view, no plant matter was ever meant to be taken in its isolated form. So many other components are missing that in the natural state serve to buffer, balance, or naturally enhance as in the case of the turmerones.

The curcumin in turmeric is notoriously short lived and difficult to absorb no matter what formulation. I would love to see Curamed’s studies and blood level checks for the peak levels, time sustained and decline times. Couldn’t find any info on that. I address blood levels and much more in my ebook.

Turmeric is meant to be taken with food…it is a food supplement with a looonnnnggg list of healthy side effects. Yes, it is also a natural medicine, but not in the pharma-mentality of popping a pill or capsule…let alone on an empty stomach. The best way to take turmeric takes only minutes to prepare, lasts a few weeks refrigerated and IMHO is not only the more effective method but the most economical way as well.

I really suggest trying that first before an expensive product with the ‘newest and latest formulation’. It is always better to start with the simpler methods and build on that regarding dose and frequency rather than ‘pulling out the canons’ when a pea-shooter (used properly) would do. More and ‘concentrated’ is not always better.

Btw, boswelia is a logical combination with turmeric in very stubborn pain due to inflammation cases, but this can be easily added at the same time as taking turmeric and far economically. Have a look online for more info. It too, is a very ancient herbal medicine used for its anti-inflammatory effects.

Regarding your morning stiffness and lower back pain you asked in another comment…this morning aches and pains is typical of arthritis and associated inflammation in menopause and post. What helps me, are my regular doses of turmeric (at the moment twice daily) and I make sure my last one is before I go to bed where it can do its best work. For me, it is morning and night with perhaps a little in whatever is for lunch. Recently made egg salad as usual but with a dose per person in it (my husbnd and I).

Look for an email from me today regarding your question about my turmeric ebook. Thank you so much for asking!

• tbynoe 08/07/2016, 00:44

Are we talking supermarket grade turmeric. Are there brands I should be looking dor

• admin 08/07/2016, 17:36

If you are in North America, supermarket grade is ok for cooking, however for regular use for health purposes (because of the quantity and frequency taken) it is always best to try to find an organic or at least good quality turmeric. One can often purchase in pound bags or more and this ends up being economical compared to buying small spice bottles from the supermarket.
              In most of Europe, specifically UK and Germany, quality standards are quite strict and the supermarket grade is acceptable for cooking and health, though as I said, will be more expensive purchased as small spice bottles.
              Here is a link to one of my articles on the problem of adulterated turmeric: http://epicureandigest.com/2014/12/19/turmeric-does-your-supply-pass-the-test/

Here is a link to more information regarding US suggested brands where one can buy in larger amounts such as pound bags:

• michelle 02/07/2016, 23:47

I make a paste with 1/4 cup turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1/2 cup water. I currently take 1/2 tsp in the morning . Recently i was diagnosed with pretty bad arthritis in my knee. What would you consider a therapeutic dosage to be with the paste I am currently using. Thank you so much, love your site, lots of good information.

• admin 03/07/2016, 00:48

Hello Michelle,
      I follow the recipe from Dr. Doug English for making the paste. As of May 2016, he increased the pepper, which he recommends and has the best results with 2-3 tsp freshly ground black pepper per half cup (60g) of turmeric powder and very important 1/3 c. (70 ml) of coconut oil or olive oil. If I were you, add more black pepper and add the suggested oil – turmeric is oil soluble.

Although 1/4 tsp is recommended per dose as maintenance or starting off, when using the paste 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per dose is the norm. Try taking 2-3 doses throughout the day if your single dose did not help with your arthritis. Try that before you get on the therapeutic doses…which you can always try later if no joy. 🙂

Once you find what works for you you can adjust it up or down accordingly. Remember that turmeric does not stay very long in the body and peaks at roughly 3 hrs. Therefore, it is always better to use smaller doses more frequently throughout the day.

Also, the paste version is much more effective because the heat increases greatly the turmeric absorbability…even if using less (because of the addition of water) in my opinion the therapeutic dose levels would be the same as using just the powder.

Thank you for your kind words!

• Susan 30/06/2016, 00:46

I keep a mix of local honey and turmeric powder and have a dessert spoon on porridge every morning. I know the honey is a bit naughty but console myself that it is from the same botanicals as Manuka. Would be getting at least a teaspoon of turmeric in each dose. Arthritis is less and I will add the black pepper from now on. Thank you for the information.
    Susan

• admin 30/06/2016, 00:59

You are welcome, Susan. Thank you for your kind words!

• Joanne Lily Kendall 26/06/2016, 15:29

Just beginning Tumeric bottle liquid. I can add tspn in spoon yoghurt three times a day – is that
    sufficient. I have shingles often ( have st moment) and asthma coughs occur a lot.- even when
    it’s hot weather. Am quite old 84 years but no other problems – except tiredness and bad short term
    memory ( who faint at my age). My mobility not young anymore do am careful where I am walking.
    I gave stair hair lift at my house to carry shopping ( and me) most tines.

• admin 26/06/2016, 18:33

Hello Joanne!
      Turmeric extract is a good alternative, though quite costly. Not knowing the company’s product, I would suggest to start off with the minimum dose the company suggests 2-3 times a day and observe how you feel. Eventually adjusting dose as needed. Remember that more is not always better. Better an extra dose than too much at one time since the absorption of the curcumin in turmeric is difficult if not taken properly and in any case short lived…peaking at about 3 hrs. You mention you take 1 tsp three times a day, is that the company’s recommendation? Most companies suggest 1/4 tsp per dose. The pain from shingles will surely be lessened by turmeric as it will help calm the pain neuropathways. The inflammation caused by an asthma attack will also be greatly lessened as turmeric’s main property is as an anti-inflammatory.

Be sure to always add a few grinds of black pepper for all the reasons mentioned in this article. Mixed into your yogurt, you won’t notice it much and it is good for the digestion as well.

84 years! Bless you…my mother is 86 and takes the paste form. Has really helped her…somehow also the short term memory is a little better. A stair lift at home is ideal…makes life much easier! Thanks for commenting. Be sure to subscribe to keep up to date with my posts and more turmeric info as it arises. Would love to hear back from you how you get along with the liquid turmeric!

• Colette 15/06/2016, 16:52

Thank u so I can’t take my AllicinMax which is allicin garlic supplement ? I use that for high blood pressure no idea if it’s helping lol

• admin 15/06/2016, 19:09

Hello Colette,
      In my own opinion (and I love garlic) it’s either one or the other. You will have far broader benefits with turmeric. Not knowing what other supplements or meds you may be taking, do an online search for interactions with turmeric.

• Lynne 10/06/2016, 14:47

I take Turmeric 400mg rapid release capsules twice daily with black pepper, is it ok to continue taking this for life, I’m 56 and type 1 diabetic but mainly taking it as a preventative

• admin 10/06/2016, 17:49

Hello Lynne,
      I have never heard of ‘rapid release’ so I did a search for the term with zero results. I suspect this is a marketing ploy because turmeric IS rapid…all on its own. If your capsules are indeed pure powdered whole rhizome powder, then it shouldn’t be a problem even if this is not the best way to take turmeric (that is covered in detail in my turmeric book).

Another disadvantage that the supplement companies ignore/overlook are all the other constituents in turmeric…such as turmerone especially AR-turmerone. By following the ‘active ingredient’ only methodology of the pharma industry (and its potential problematic), all the synergistic effects of the other 90 active constituents are lost, not to mention the hundreds of other constituents that research is still trying to understand (some are still waiting to be named).

If your capsules are 95% pure CURCUMIN 400 mg. then this equates to the amount of curcumin in roughly 10,000mg of whole dried root or 10 grams. This twice a day, in my opinion is too much for any long term. Really, just 1/4 tsp. or slightly more of the turmeric powder taken properly twice a day is enough. And far cheaper than capsules.

Turmeric is one of those natural products where more is not necessarily ‘necessary’ nor desired. In fact, you are wasting it because of the difficulty in the bio-availability and taking it with black pepper, which will boost the absorbability – yes. But still, turmeric is short lived in the body.

I go into great detail in my book about capsules and the exceptions where it is – for therapeutic purposes – a good idea. I see you have subscribed, Lynne…thank you. Enjoy all the bonuses along with the Turmeric Guide and Protocol. If you have any questions, there is information in the book how to reach me quicker than here in the comment section.

Regarding your mention about Type 1 diabetes, have you looked at my articles on cinnamon?

• Mike 09/06/2016, 23:00

I just started taking Tumeric capsules as per instruction from my acupuncturist/herbalist to lower my cholesterol. I lead a very active lifestyle with exercise every day, good diet, no alcohol, etc. with ample hydration throughout the day. I am a bit conservative in what I take but plan on getting to 1,500 mg per day in about a week. I just want to make sure that my stomach can tolerate it. I have suffered from kidney stones (calcium oxalate) in the past (2 episodes in 11 years). No fun. I have noted there appears to be a risk of excess calcium oxalate excretion with turmeric. Am I at risk based on the 1,500 mg/day dosage? Can I take turmeric continually or do I need to cycle off and on over time? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• admin 09/06/2016, 23:40

Hello Mike,
      I answer the oxalate dilemma on page 37 of my ebook Turmeric Guide and Protocol. Over a page of info on that with resource link. Here is an exerpt: “Calcium binds to oxalate in the intestines rendering it harmless. Great news! Not so great news is that now the calcium is also useless. But this is not as serious a problem as it seems.

Consider taking turmeric in a few spoons of yogurt – lots of naturally rich calcium”.

In my book I explain a better method than taking pure powder or capsules which is much more effective and will interest you.

I am assuming you mean whole plant turmeric capsules and not curcumin?

Until 11 June, all subscribers can download my turmeric ebook free (along with the other bonuses). Unsubscribing is easy via link in my newsletters I send out. Take advantage of this offer and learn so much more about how turmeric can help you…more than what I can explain on this blog. Sign up to my newsletter via the form in the header on any page. Hope this helps.

• mp3juice 05/06/2016, 00:29

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the finest blogs on the internet.
    I am going to recommend this blog!

• admin 05/06/2016, 01:05

Thanks for your kind words!

• CHIZIK 02/06/2016, 14:48

HI , I HAVE CURCUMIN GROWING IN A POT OUTSIDE ,AND
    I DO NOT THINK ANYONE WILL THROW MONEY ON SPARYING
    IT . SO THE IDEA OF ORGANIC ,LIKE WITH OLIVES IS NOT THE ISSUE,AS FRMERS ADD THINGS TO VGET MORE OR TO PROTECT FROM EATERS ,LIKE ALL KINDA MAGOTS ]FOR LACK OF THE PROPER WORD ]
    HOWEVER ,I FEEL THE SALT IN CURCUME POWDER SOLD HERE ,
    AND WONDER IF THIS PRACTICE OF ADDING IT IS COMMON OR JUST THE NEED OF SELLERS HERE TO MAKE MORE MONEY .THANKS CHIZ

• admin 02/06/2016, 17:58

Curcumin is also a beautiful pot plant with lovely flowers and very easy to propagate. I don’t know where in the world you are, but in all my travels in 3 continents, I have never heard of curcuma (turmeric) sold with salt mixed in. I know that some unscrupulous sellers in India and Pakistan have been fined for adding adulterants and fillers such as talc to give more weight…but salt? Never heard of it.

• Marian 01/06/2016, 15:45

I just want to thank you for such a great article. I am a health care professional myself and I found your article very useful. I’ll keep you posted once I start on the coconut oil-pepper-turmeric combo. I am delighted to have access to the best coco oils since I live in the tropics. Spread the love and continue to inspire and help other people. Cheers to you and your advocacy. 🙂

• admin 01/06/2016, 16:36

Thank you Marian for your kind and encouraging words – your comment made my day! I see you have subscribed (thank you!). As a health care professional, I know you will appreciate the Turmeric Guide and Protocol book and its many references to the science behind turmeric. Would love to hear from you how you get along!

• Julia Bush 31/05/2016, 14:21

Getting confused ,was just about to order some turmeric capsules ,now I’m changing my mind .I suffer with depression _ anxiety ,also arthritis ,also inflammation in my blood .I thought turmeric might help all .what do you think ?

• admin 31/05/2016, 16:47

Hello Julia,
      Turmeric is known both traditionally and scientifically shown to help in those areas and especially well for various forms of inflammation. What do you mean by inflammation in your blood, or did you mean vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels)?
      Until 11 June, all new subscribers receive my Turmeric Guide and Protocol ebook free. It is 47 pages of straight forward information of both traditional and modern uses backed by science, not filled with pretty photos and recipes. It covers in more detail about capsules…when they may be appropriate and why not in most cases. Become a subscriber to my newsletter and updates to download it free as soon as you confirm your subscription. It will answer all your questions and more.
      (Edited: I see you just now subscribed. Thanks!)

Hope this helps!

• Kathy 29/05/2016, 05:10

I’m taking Zoloft.are there any concerns with taking tumeric ?

• admin 30/05/2016, 00:42

Hello Kathy,
      That’s a tough one, Kathy. Searching the databases I have access to, I find there are references to turmeric being able to replace such anti-depressants such as Zoloft…and of course without the side effects. It seems, that turmeric taken in maintenance doses NOT at therapeutic levels is not a problem…such as the amounts suggested or in food such as curry.

Problems can arise with taking pure curcumin capsules (which I don’t suggest unless for the cancer protocol) and Zoloft.

This is something you must take up with your doctor if you wish to take more than 1/4 twice daily and eventually wean off the Zoloft. I came across this link that may be helpful for you http://survivingantidepressants.org/

Hope this helps!

• Dawn 27/05/2016, 03:50

I have been using 1/2 tsp. turmeric, 1tsp. coca nut oil, and pepper. (tea) I’ve been using it for a little over a week. I have arthritis and suffer with pain and cramping. Since I’ve been drinking this tea I have felt so much better. I’m not sure if it’s the tea or the warmer weather. Doesn’t matter, I plan on using the tea. I just recently saw a rheumatologist who wants to try me on Methotrexate 2.5 mg along with folic acid 1mg. I have the prescriptions but haven’t taken them. I really don’t want to take these drugs(methotrexate) especially when I read the side effects. Do you think the tea is going to work for me? I am so desperate for it to work.

• admin 28/05/2016, 01:44

Hello Dawn!
      To answer your question straight off…yes I am not surprised that you are feeling relief with your arthritis. Turmeric is a highly efficient anti-inflammatory. In fact, it seems to be a real star in helping arthritis sufferers…and with no negative side effects. Quite the contrary.

Have you looked up the side effects of Methotrexate…google it: methotrexate +wikipedia Any other site will have similar info but Wiki cuts through the fluff. Prescribing foic acid is the norm…as this drug inhibits folic acid metabolism.

Give turmeric a serious try first. If it is already helping, why ‘pull out the cannons’?

• Car- mel 25/05/2016, 22:54

This is the best site I have found,thank you for your help,have a nice day.🤗

• admin 26/05/2016, 00:03

Wow! I’ve had a rough day…but you just made up for it and the rest of my day can only be good. Thank YOU for your kind words!
      (By the way, just last night I sent out the link to my subscribers for the free Turmeric Guide and Protocol ebook I finally finished. It is free for my subscribers until 10 June…blatant hint 😉 )

• Yolanda Pedraza 17/05/2016, 15:18

I have purchased Nature’s Bounty Turmeric 450mg plus Turmeric extract 50mg. I take one capsule a day. Do I need to increase to two capsules a day?

• admin 17/05/2016, 18:37

Hello Yolanda,
      It looks like your capsules are turmeric standardized to 50mg curcumin. Twice a day will be 1g. Why are you taking it? Maintenance? Joint pain?
      I cover the subject of capsules, pro and con much more in my ebook free to subscribers until 10 June, Turmeric Guide and Protocol.

• Sandra Perry 17/05/2016, 07:06

I have inherited a high bad cholesterol. I cannot take Statins.I started taking turmeric two tablets twice aday.my numbers went from 440 tp 395 in just three weeks.I have started the repatha injections and I am hoping for even better results next blood work.

• Sanda 16/05/2016, 13:29

Is it safe to take turmeric powder 3 g when already on aspirin 75 mg daily?

• admin 17/05/2016, 10:55

Hello Sanda,
      Without knowing why you want to take high therapeutic dose of turmeric and why you are on aspirin, I really can’t answer this.
      I CAN tell you that it has been scientifically proven that turmeric can replace 14 common medications, among them is aspirin.
      I explain all this and more in my ebook Turmeric Guide and Protocol that for the moment is free until 10 June for my subscribers.
      Look for an email from me.

• beckley 13/05/2016, 01:17

Can I take turmeric cinnamon and honey to lower high blood pressure.or how do I use turmeric to lower high blood pressure

• admin 13/05/2016, 12:48

You can certainly use that combination…which is often how I take it myself…but I add roughly 1/8 tsp cayenne to it as well often, for its properties as well.

There is no set dose nor human trials on dosage of turmeric. Each body and each extend of one health issue or another is very individual. In herbology one tries the lowest dose recommended first and slowly increases until a desired effect is reached. One should approach it with patience and observe. So, start with 1/4 tsp twice daily of turmeric and observe after a week or so how you are with the high BP before you add cinnamon and honey with it. Repeat and observe. Still no results increase frequency of doses (not amount of dose) before adding cayenne.

In this way you can see what helped and at which point (ie increasing the turmeric doses or the turmeric, cinnamon then later the cayenne).

Btw, be sure to read the full articles on cinnamon and cayenne on this site (use search bar or menu) especially if you are diabetic.

Also, subscribers will be receiving free (until 10 June) my Turmeric Guide and Protocol (as well as other ebooks of mine and more) within the next few days…non-subscribers will have to pay (a blatant hint 😉 )

• admin 17/05/2016, 11:02

Update to my previous answer:
      Beckley, I am no longer suggesting taking any sugar in any form at least not together with turmeric. Maple syrup, honey, agarve syrup and of course any white/brown sugar and molasses…all are inflammatory. Why take inflammatory substances with a known, potent anti-inflammatory? It is one of those obvious things that I myself overlooked. I never ‘sweeten’ my tea or coffee either…and now no longer anything I take with turmeric. Hope this helps.

• Jeff 10/05/2016, 17:35

Excellent info, but I am still a little confused.
    You say it should be taken with oil, but then you mention its ok to take it with yogurt?
    Does yogurt have oil?
    What about taking it with cottage cheese or sour cream?
    Am I understanding you correctly that the daily dosage is roughly half a teaspoon of tumeric to an eighth of a teaspoon of black pepper?
    What about red pepper is it just as effective…
    thanks

• admin 12/05/2016, 00:29

Hello Jeff,
      Turmeric must be taken with a fat or oil source. Natural, whole yogurt has fat in it as does sour cream or cottage cheese – no problem. The 1/4 tsp twice daily is a guideline. Important is, no more than 1/4tsp roughly at a time…more than that and it will be wasted. Only black pepper has piperine in it, red pepper (cayenne) doesn’t. Cayenne is a completely different plant.

• Ena Parkinson 08/05/2016, 00:30

Do you have a view on turmeric paste I have read your article and I’m beginning to feel I’m in a sea of turmeric if you are good with paste I’ve seen various recipes do you have one ? Many thanks

• admin 08/05/2016, 00:56

What a lovely thought, Ena ‘in a sea of turmeric’! Yes, I am using more and more paste as I feel it may be more effective AND economical. I cover this and much much more in detail with the science behind it in my ebook Turmeric Guide and Protocol. It will be available free to my subscribers in shortly no later than the middle of the week, if not earlier. To give credit where it is due, the paste was developed by Dr. Doug English. There is only one Golden Paste recipe. From that basis one can add what one wants with it, depending on how you want to take it. In a Turmeric Milk? Add ginger, cinnamon, cardamon or coriander as an example. In something savoury? Cumin, ginger, cayenne, herbs etc. The paste is very convenient, quick and easy to make. So, why not subscribe, get my One Guide ebook, plus a bonus in the download page, the free mini-course and next week the Turmeric Guide and Protocol? 😉

• Kay Flett 05/05/2016, 21:42

I put turmerc in my porridge do I have to.cook it with the oats

• admin 06/05/2016, 01:09

Some people just add it in at the table. However, heating (not rapid boiling) will enhance the solubility. Don’t forget the freshly grated pepper and a bit of fat/oil.

• Kathie Mullins 04/05/2016, 00:10

I started using Turmeric root in a smoothie using 1tsp. Of the turmeric and my joints started to feel better!Then I was at the health food store, the sales person said I should use the capsule with the BioPerine, came home and looked up on Internet. It did say to use the BioPerine to distribute the Tumeric to the inflamed area! Did that for about a week and started to feel all the pain back. Went back and got the Turmeric root again and bought the BioPerine separate, I read you could use 1 tbsp. Per day so I went up on the Turmeric, don’t know if it is too much, I still do not feel great, in pain!!!! Kathie

• Kathie Mullins 04/05/2016, 00:14

If you are taking 1 tbsp of Turmeric root per day, can you have an adverse reaction? I use to take 1tsp. And felt good. Now my pain is back!!!! Kathie

• admin 04/05/2016, 01:07

This is strange, Kathie. Never heard of pain coming back after increasing a dose…especially the root which is milder. Have you tried starting again with 1 tsp again then slowing upping it over a week or two? Sorry I cannot help you much Kathie.

• admin 04/05/2016, 01:17

Kathy, the sales person said the BioPerine would ‘distribute the turmeric to the inflamed area? That would happen with any form of turmeric as long as it was taken properly (as outlined in this article). I hear BioPerine is a good product, but if just 1 tsp of root a day in your smoothie (with I home a little oil and fresh ground pepper) and it helped, go back to that (I am thinking of ‘if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it!). More is not always better. Is it joint pain you have?

Have you tried the Golden Milk at night prepared with your grated fresh root? Add ginger and cinnamon to it. You can use any ‘milk’ but taking it at night is calming and as you sleep, the body does its best repair work during our sleep. See if that helps.

Let me know how you get on, Kathie!

• Zoe 30/04/2016, 03:45

For medical reasons, I cannot use hot pepper of any kind, not even in very small amounts. Are there other ways, than using pepper, to increase the bioavailability of circumin, such as heating it as tea?

• admin 30/04/2016, 10:49

Hello Zoe,
      Sorry about your medical problem that pepper is not helpful with. Simmering turmeric as in the Golden Milk recipe does help with the solubility making it easier to digest and this may be a factor affecting the absorbability (no real scientific data yet on this) but helps somewhat according to user comments.

Simmering the turmeric in water or milk allows the starches in turmeric to absorb water, which greatly improves its digestibility which in turn, makes the curcumin more bioavailable to be absorbed. Be sure to take it with a fat or oil in to help it to become absorbed.

In my nearly finished ebook Turmeric Guide and Protocol, I do describe a method which will be helpful to you. My subscribers will receive it free, non-subscribers will have to pay for it (blatant hint 😉 .
      I hope this helps

• Stacy 29/04/2016, 17:38

I cannot express how excited I am to have happened upon this information!!! I have only recently heard a little in passing that turmeric could have anti-inflammatory benefits and I’m intrigued!! I ran out and purchased some((the wrong stuff, I got the basic grocery store spice)) but I wasn’t sure as far as application or amount so I searched and found you!!! I’m delighted to say the least!!

I currently take between 3000-4000mg of ibuprofen daily ((this is NOT a typo, unfortunately)) and I’m hoping that there’s a better way!!!
    I have a disease that causes my body to think I have a brain tumor and react as such, and an extreme elevation in cerebral spinal fluid which is essentially crushing my brain and trying to blind me… While simultaneously wreaking havoc on the rest of my body and nervous system… And I am unable to tolerate most all pharmaceuticals (which is both a blessing and a curse) but the best explanation as to why I take such a high amount of ibuprofen and nothing else… Besides an allergy medicine and some herbal supplements, one of which is the “true cinnamon”.. I started taking it to combat the fluid retention and elevated BP from the excessive ibuprofen, and then added an herbal water pill… But while that seems to help slightly with water retention.. It actually spikes my BP when combined with anything else…

My question (I’m sure you were wondering if I was going to get here)
    To the best of your knowledge, do you know if the turmeric+pepper +oil/fat mixture, once I have safely reached a “therapeutic” dose, is helpful or beneficial for water retention? Or would I likely still need some sort of supplements for that.

Also, likely as a result of years of ibuprofen and illness, my stomach muscles are paralyzed and I have difficulty digesting most anything… And I refuse to take the medicine prescribed to treat this… Do you know, or could you recommend a “gentle” way to ingest the needed quantity of turmeric to be helpful??

I have read your “subtle” hints about subscribing but have been unsuccessful in finding a link to do so.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, and I look forward to any advice you could offer!!

• Stacy 29/04/2016, 17:41

**please disregard my comments about not being able to subscribe. Immediately after posting, I refreshed page and box to subscribe popped up!!

• admin 30/04/2016, 00:05

No problem…I see you have successfully subscribed. Thanks!

• admin 30/04/2016, 00:03

Hello Stacy,
      Welcome on board…yes I did see that you subscribed. Thank you and thank you also for your kind words. It means a lot to me!

I will address in more detail your questions in an email to you tomorrow (it’s late here now). Regarding a diuretic, what always immediately comes to mind is dandelion root…amongst other uses, an excellent diuretic. I much prefer liquid extracts/tinctures when I can as they re often easier to take and easier to dose exactly what works for you. Another is Hawthorn which has other very significant benefits such as heart muscle strengthener (when taken long term) and more…but is also a powerful diuretic neither of these will cause loss of potassium (as with chemical diuretics) then there is horsetail (Equisetum arvense) very potent and with many benefits such as for osteoporosis…but there are cautions with prolonged use with this. I would suggest you have a look online regarding those herbs their benefits and precautions (dandelion root is always a good starter herb unless you are allergic to those plants in the ragweed family). All of these herbs also deliver vitamins and minerals at the same time.

Ibuprofen is one of the drugs that turmeric has been scientifically proven to be equal if not superior to…depending on why one is taking it. If for inflammatory issues and pain…then turmeric is well advised. I must add here that a good talk with your health practitioner would be a good idea regarding turmeric in your special case.

Hang in there, Stacy, I am very close to finishing the Turmeric Protocol and Guide and as you know, subscribers will get it free. And yes, there is a gentler way to take high amounts of turmeric…which I outline in the ebook and there are resources and info which you can print out to show your doctor, if needed.

Thanks for a very interesting comment…you will be hearing from me, Stacy!

• Stacy 30/04/2016, 02:18

Thank you soo much for your response!! I look forward to hearing from you via email!!

I did want to say that you already potentially helped me a great deal when mentioning the possibility of an allergy to ragweeds. The herbal supplement I’m currently taking as a diuretic is primarily dandelion with other roots /herbs… And it makes me sick, nauseous and just overall unwell.. But it did help some with fluid retention… I have noticed however that my “seasonal” allergies (not seasonal at all really, as they try to suffocate me year round) had gone out of control despite my regular allergy medication. Until you mentioned an allergic reaction it hadn’t occurred to me that I do in fact have a pretty severe allergy to the ragweed family!! And I’m wondering if that is why I’ve had little results as well as compounding of other issues!!! Thank you again for the insight!!

• admin 01/05/2016, 22:50

I’ve emailed you!

• Anne Fryer 28/04/2016, 15:25

I take 2 turmeric capsules a day with a hot meal or hot drink. I get really bad high up tummy ache soon after taking the capsules in this way. Would it be better to take with cold food or a cold drink. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

• admin 28/04/2016, 20:20

Hello Anne,
      It is a bit unusual to have stomach pain taking turmeric…but I have heard of some cases of stomach ache taking curcumin capsules. I can’t imagine that cold food would be better but why not try it? It may work for you….or try taking them with a little full fat yogurt and of course the black pepper as outlined in this article.

Are you new to turmeric? Perhaps try cutting back the dose to 1 capsule twice a day and observe. Or open one capsule and sprinkle it on your food (goes great in mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs too just dilute it first in the liquid you may use ie milk for the potatoes or a little water for the scrambled eggs. A tablespoon of water – not milk – and beat the eggs lightly makes for fluffier scrambled eggs than milk…which can produce a tougher scramble).

Let me know!

• vicky 28/04/2016, 12:32

My father has stage 3 esophagus cancer i want him to try tumeric but he on blood thinners doe this mean he can’t take it or is there a recommended small he can try. really need help here.

• admin 28/04/2016, 17:42

Hello Vicky,
      So sorry to hear about your father. I will answer you per email.

• Lupe 25/04/2016, 15:48

Thank you so very much for the wealth of information that you have provided in this article in regards to turmeric!!! Please place me on the list to receive your turmeric protocol ebook when available.
    Every morning I prepare my Golden Elixir comprised of: 1 cup boiling water, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp coconut oil, juice of 1/2 lemon and honey to taste. Per your suggestion, I will now add white pepper since its the same as black pepper. I choose white pepper since black pepper does not digest well in our system. Someone once said that eating black pepper is like eating pieces of glass. I am not sure if that is true.

• admin 25/04/2016, 16:14

Hello Lupe,

First off, thanks so much for your kind words!

Your Golden Elixer sounds delicious. If you like either, try adding a few good shakes of Ceylon cinnamon or powdered ginger (or fresh, thin shavings even better) for their benefits too. And you are correct about white pepper, the piperine content will be the same, as I understand it. White pepper is just the black with the husk removed exposing just the seed.

I had to smile at comment about hearing that eating black pepper is like eating glass…I am sure for those with hypersensitive stomachs it must feel that way but rest assured, it is not true! However, black/white pepper has many benefits, not the least improving digestion.

Lupe, I use a double opt-in system for my subscribers. That means I cannot manually add someone. This is good protection for both parties as it protects the receiver from potential spam issues and the sender (me) from being accused of it. So, you have more benefits of becoming a subscriber as you will receive a mini-5 day course, my newsletters and an ebook. Plus a bonus ebook I recently uploaded to the subscriber area (you get that link in your first email from me) plus any other reports I add on. And, my turmeric ebook is free only to my subscribers. Non-subscribers will have to pay for it.

You can unsubscribe very easily at any time. If you have any questions, contact me via the contact form!